The college recruiting process can confuse athletes and lead them to commit many recruiting mistakes. Below is a collection of resources we have shared with athletes over the last year that will help you avoid making the recruiting mistakes that often plague athletes and complicate their college recruiting process.
Creating and Sharing a Bad Recruiting Video with Coaches
Even if you already know how important it is to have a good recruiting highlight video, worse than not having one is having a bad one. These resources will help you learn how to make a good recruiting video to help market yourself to coaches.
- Tips for Creating a Great Recruiting Video
- 5 Ways to Save Big on Recruiting Videos
- Get Recruited with a YouTube Channel
Talking to Coaches Throughout the College Recruiting Process
Communicating with coaches is one of the most important aspects of the college recruiting process. The articles below give you tips to help you talk to coaches.
- Why You Need Good Questions to Ask a College Coach
- Get Prepared for College Recruiting Phone Calls
- 8 Ways to Use Email in the College Recruiting Process
- 7 Questions to Ask a When Calling a College Coach for the First Time
- 50 Reasons for Contacting a College Coach
Getting in Touch With Coaches
You can’t build relationships with coaches without first knowing how to get in touch with them. These resources will help you get in touch with coaches so you can start getting recruited.
- The Secret to Getting Scouts and Coaches to Come to Watch You
- The Best Time to Contact College Coaches
- What to Do When Coaches don’t Respond to Your Email
- Find the Contact Information for College Coaches
- Email Coaches: Get Your E-mails Opened
What to do if You Are a Senior or Older
Not everyone can find a scholarship while they are still in high school. These resources are designed to help you find a college opportunity if you are a senior or have graduated high school.
- 5-Point Recruiting Checklist for High School Seniors
- You Just can’t Wait for a Scholarship After High School
- Junior College Could be a Great Option for High School Seniors
- College Recruiting Options for High School Seniors
- Georgia Coach Mark Richt Shows How Junior College Can Get You Recruited
What to do on Official and Unofficial Visits
Athletes and their families should go on visits to learn more about college campuses, athletic programs, and academic facilities and programs. Check out these resources before you go on your visits to help you make the most out of your trips.
- 10 Things to do on Your Official Visit
- Preparing for Official Visits
- Official Visit: Make Sure it’s Your Athlete’s, Not Yours
- Unofficial Visit: Your 10 Point Checklist
- Parent’s Role On an Unofficial Visit
No matter where you are in the recruiting process, we can help you. Just leave us a question or comment in the comments section below, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+!