Return to Blog

What if I have a learning disability?

The NCAA refers to learning disabilities as an Education-Impacting Disability, or EID. If you have an EID, you need to provide Education-Impacting Disability documentation to the NCAA Eligibility Center. All students looking to compete in Division 1 or 2 athletics need to meet the same standards, regardless of having an education-impacting disability. Division 1 and 2 have different accommodations that they provide to students.

A student needs to send the NCAA EID documents when they would like to use core courses taken after high school graduation to satisfy D 1 requirements. Accommodations are made for students with EIDs once they’re enrolled in college, but it is up to the student-athlete to disclose that information to the appropriate adviser when they’re on campus

Gain Exposure. Get Recruited.

Find opportunities for athletic scholarships and get connected to college coaches.