2021 College Basketball Camps | Summer Basketball Camps
Use Basketball Summer Camps to Land a College Basketball Scholarship
If you’ve got game and don’t plan on attending any college basketball camps to showcase your skills, you may want to reconsider. Basketball summer camps get you noticed by college coaches who attend these basketball showcases looking for players like you. And, it can increase your chance of getting offered a basketball scholarship.
Summer basketball camps are held nationwide and draw college coaches searching for players from all over the country. College basketball exposure camps can be the best way for basketball coaches to see you in action. You may be wondering, where can I find basketball camps near me? When you’re ready to take that next step, use the resource below.
Find Summer Basketball Camps Near Me
Check out NCSA’s list of upcoming college basketball camps for high school students, basketball exposure camps, and college elite basketball camps to find one in a state near you. NCSA has compiled a list of all college camps (by sport) to attend this summer. Save hours of time researching camps by using the lists which include the date, type, cost and location of each sports camp. Visit NCSA’s site to find hundreds of men’s basketball camps or women’s basketball camps near you today.
The Best Basketball Camps for Exposure
The best college basketball camps will offer high-level coaching and personal instruction, exposure to different styles of play, evaluation and feedback on skill level (and suggestions for improvement). Some will even go so far as to contribute to the character development of a player. And, while some camps genuinely see a player’s pride and sense of accomplishment as an imperative part of building the complete player, others will be perfectly content to throw you into elite level competition to see how you do.
So, what are some of the best basketball camps for exposure? Here are some basketball camps we recommend:
- NCAA Youth Development College Basketball Camps – The NCAA now offers top D1 men’s basketball prospects a chance to develop their skills in these camps. These camps are located in Texas, Illinois, Connecticut, and Arizona.
- PGC Basketball – PGC Basketball camps are for players at every level and all positions. These camps are focused on training players to think and play at the college and pro level.
- Nike Basketball Camps – Nike basketball camps provide instruction for beginners and more advanced players. There are several types of camps available, whether you’re looking to work on fundamentals or more specific skills.
- Prep Hoops – If you are looking for tougher competition and the chance to get a national ranking, Prep Hoops is for you. Prep Hoops offers events more geared towards elite student-athletes.
Choosing the Right Basketball Camp to Attend
While all college basketball camps are designed to help players develop into better basketball players, there are certain camps that attract coaches looking for players to bring into their programs as scholarship athletes. These basketball exposure camps are the best place for student-athlete basketball players to make an impression.
There are different types of college basketball camps that range in intensity-level from an all-inclusive style to a no-nonsense style that simulates what it’s like playing on a real college hoops team.
Every camp will emphasize the development of shooting, rebounding, passing and dribbling skills. Some camps will expand further, teaching lock down defense or skill sets that help you improve your basketball I.Q. There are also skill-specific college basketball camps which help you work exclusively on your shooting and shot mechanics or position-specific skills on the basketball court—point guard, center, etc.
Given the number and variety of college basketball camps that are offered each year, it is important to choose a camp that aligns with the goals you would like to achieve. If you haven’t set those goals yet, do so before making your pick. This will help you narrow down your choices and ensure you get the most from your camp experience and save you time and money in the process.
Get Noticed, Get Recruited, and Get a Scholarship
Are you ready to take your game to the next level and show college basketball coaches you’ve got game? If so, athleticscholarships.net is just a click away and we’re ready to help you make your basketball dreams come true. Get started with a free recruiting profile today!
For Further Reading
Looking for more information about college basketball camps, recruiting, or scholarships? Check out related content below:
- Learn more about college basketball recruiting and basketball recruiting rankings.
- Learn more about Duke Basketball Camps.
- Learn more about Women’s basketball.
- Learn how to get a college athletic scholarship.